GEDCOM X 0.3.0 has been released.
The primary feature of this release is support for the GEDCOM X File Format, designed to be the replacement for GEDCOM 5.5. There is also a new project for reading and writing the file format in Java.
Other changes include the following:
- Support for some additional types that are known to be needed for record processing.
- Renaming ‘fieldId’ to ‘label’ per issue #43
- Attribution added to relationship and event role per issue #28
- Bibliographic citation added to record, record collection, person, and relationship
- Adding language code to record per issue #51